Thursday, October 15, 2009

2 Songs-- rhythm and structure

The piece of music that I listened to from NAXOS was Symphony No. 8 in F Major, OP 93. I listened to the first movement, which was described as Allegro vivace e con brio. This piece lives up to its name in the beginning, starting of with cellos playing rapidly in unison. While the rhythm is fast paced, it feels somewhat disjointed, but in a good way. The rhythm would build up with the woodwinds, and then transfer over to another set of instruments. This piece was clearly dominated by the cellos and violins, however. It sounds like it takes place in 3 4 time, but I am somewhat uncertain. It is a lively piece of musc, fast paced, and I would say more light hearted than some of his other works.

The song from my own collection that I chose was Enter Sandman by Metallica. It has a very structured sound, going from Intro-Verse-Chorus-Verse-Chorus-Verse-Chorus-Solo-Outro Its in 4 4 time. This song features heavy guitar riffs accompanied by menacing vocals and deep bass sounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment